Pastor Jonathan Harness sent this for consideration:
I am sure that you all have now heard that the U.S. is declaring that they killed Osama Bin Laden. I am not denying that this is a possibility, but be wise. We already have some major problems with the world wide report.
1. Where are the pictures of his dead body? – It is very important to show these as they (the media and government) have spent so much time showing him to us over the past two decades.
2. Why did we honor a Muslim tradition of burying the body within 24 hours? – If we are to believe that this “Muslim Terrorist” was the mastermind behind the 9-11 attacks, then why show him respect in a false religious view? Except, that it benefits our leaders in not having to show a dead body.
3. Why bury him at sea? – Obviously, they could not bury him via cremation as this is against the Muslim beliefs of burial. Furthermore, without cremation, it is the only way to be sure that the body is not examined by the public eye!
4. Why is the U.S. the only soldiers who went into Pakistan to orchestrate this mission? - Everywhere else in the world we cry foul when we are the only ones wanting to complete a mission. E.g. – most recently being Libya.
5. Did not the whole world claim that the attacks of 9-11 were perpetrated against all “humanity” as an act of terrorism? – Of course, the ‘Big Brother’ of the Global community is able to go into Iraq and snag Sadam Hussein from a rat hole while this “terrorist” who was #1 on the most wanted list lived in luxury in a mansion and the whole world did not have the ability to get him without the ‘good ole’ USA’.
6. Sadam Hussein’s trial and death was made public along with the death pictures afterward; and yet, this #1 most wanted gets a Muslim burial and remains out of site even at his death?
7. Why does the recognized powers of the world (according to CNN.com) all chime in and yet not one of them demand proof of this death? – Wasn’t it a few years ago that we were told that Osama Bin Laden died in the caves of Pakistan due to his degenerative (I believe) kidney disease. I always found that one intersting as he needed continual doctoring.