Wednesday, August 22, 2007

King George

On August 23, 1775 (tomorrow) King George III of England refused the offer of peace offered by the American colonies. Because of the colonies definace to English oppression (the Battle of Lexington and Concord occured a few months earlier on April 19, and the Battle of Bunker Hill took place on June 17) King George declared them to be in an open state of rebellion.
My son Nathan and I worked at the Soldiers of the Cross Bible Camp getting things ready for congress which is little over a week away. I layed another 100 feet of water line and we put up flags, the welcome banner and other general things. The welcome banner is new as the old one was starting to look bad. A local sign maker gives me good prices and fast service. I have seen him put other customers on "hold" and make signs I needed for camp, congress, Pulaski etc. If I get time I will take a picture of it and put in on the blog tomorrow. Maybe a few other pictures as well.
I mailed out the schedule but usually things need to be altered as events get closer. I had to make a few changes, nothing major, so I did that this evening and it should be ok now. I have selected the theme for this congress to be, "Cry Aloud!" This is taken from Isaiah 58:1 "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins."
I sure would like to see you all at congress and or at the White Christian Heritage Festival in Pulaski, Tenn on October 20th. Make plans to attend. There is no way I can explain to you about the power surge you will have if you attend.

No comments: