Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Central High - 50 Years Ago Today

Today is September 25. On this date in 1957 Federalism moved in full force and took over public education in America. Eisenhower ordered U. S. Soldiers to move into Little Rock and forced the integration of Central High. Integration of our public schools has proven disastrous to education. Achievement levels have continued to plummet and safety in schools continue to be a concern.

Integration was the cause of a white boy being severely beaten by 6 thugs in Jena, Louisiana and also the recent beating of a 13 year old white kid by seven "specially gifted" black gang bangers in Norfolk, Virginia.

The victim in this case is a 13 year-old white boy, Damien O'Rourke. The group who attacked him is made up of all African American teenagers. Damien and his family believe the teens may have picked the fight because Damien is white.

"I was going to play football with my friends. The next thing I know when I got there, there was like, seven black kids who said they were going to beat me up and they started beating me up," says Damien.

The police are now saying that contrary to some statements, the assault does not appear to be racially motivated.

Of course not! Who would ever think that seven black punks beating on one 13 year white kid would be racially motivated? Only the most ignorant racist would dare to think such horrible thoughts against wonderful black kids.

I hope you detect a note of sarcasism.

It seems that a white person can hardly sneeze without the charge of a hate crime. But black kids beating on a lone 13 year old white kid is, according to the prosecuting attorney, normal behavior. You can find more on this at http://www.wavy.com/global/story.asp?s=7117439.

We have the Victory Report in the Mail and are making plans for Pulaski. The White Christian Heritage Festival is only about a month away so I hope you are making plans to be at this great event.

For those who my have missed it I am re-posting my thoughts on The situation in Jena, Louisiana made me think of my a neighbor who has some goats. They are nice goats and in the spring you can drive by their home and you see little baby goats nursing on their mothers milk. Everyone thinks they are cute. They hop around and sometimes a car will stop and people will want to pet the goats. They come over, "baah, baah" and put their heads up close so you can pet them. Cats and dogs will do the same thing.

I have never seen my neighbor mistreat any of the goats. Why would they? They milk the little goats and the goats have value.

These goats really like people. They want to be around people all the time. If you go out where the goats are they will come over to you and if you aren’t careful you will stumble over them. No matter where you go they will follow you. I recall years ago we had six goats and I have a picture of my wife walking down to the creek with all six goats following behind her.

The trouble with goats is they LOVE people too much. If you didn’t keep them in a pen they would be in the flowers, in the garden, on the porch, climbing on top of the car and going through the front door of your home if you left the door open.

This has nothing to do with living in the south. Northern goats act the same way. European goats act the same way as American goats.

In fact its the same for most all domesticated animals. They want to be around people!

As much as my neighbor loves her goats, she doesn’t want them in her house or sleeping on her bed.

She doesn’t hate her goats. She just wants to keep her house goat free!

And I have never seen her go down to the barn and sleep with the goats. It just isn’t the descent thing to do!

A while back my neighbor and their family were having a picnic around this old tree behind the house and someone left the gate open and right in the middle of their picnic goats started trampling around their picnic site. Goats really like being around people.kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
My neighbor told me, "I wish we could reason with these goats. I wish they would understand that we don’t hate them. We don’t care if the goats get together in a herd and go about doing the things goats want to do. In fact we like to see happy goats. It’s just I don’t want to hang out with the goats. I don’t want the goats climbing through our open doors and I just don’t want the goats around all the time. I don’t want to be worried that an angry Billy Goat might try to ram me with his horns. So when the goats are around I can’t quite relax, I have to be careful and keep looking over my shoulder in case there might be an angry Billy goat."

My neighbors really do like their goats. They take pretty good care of them. They give them lots of feed, they keep their little goat house nice and warm in the winter and when the little baby goats get sick they make sure the little goat gets medical care.

My neighbor said, "The trouble with goats is no matter where we go they want to follow us. It’s almost impossible to get away from them. They can’t understand, we love them - we just don’t want them around all the time!

"I guess there is just something in their nature that won’t allow them to be happy unless we let them live with us."

Don’t forget White Christian Heritage Festival - October 20.
Winter Fellowship Conference - December 1-2.
Thank you for your support and keep spreading the GOOD NEWS of White Christian Revival!

No comments: